Welcome to the Alumni Virtual Tutoring Center
Here you can connect with other alumni and continue practicing and learning English, even after you have left your ELI home. We started this service because you, our alumni, asked for it – you asked, we listened! Thank you for your virtual return to the ELI and for taking the time to continue improving your English skills.
The ELI is the first intensive English program in the United States to offer virtual tutoring via Skype video and chat specifically for alumni. We are now offering you many services and many different ways for you to practice English and get answers to your English-related questions. We hope to continue to add to and improve this website so that it can be the best possible resource for you!
Here are the services we offer:
- Virtual tutoring – talk to one of ELI’s tutors via Skype
- ELI News – find out the latest in what is happening at the ELI
- Tutor Blog – read and watch articles and videos posted by tutors
- Discussion forum – post discussion topics and have conversations with other alumni and tutors
- Additional resources – review this list of other helpful websites
- Request Forms:
- Contact options – contact us and follow us on social media
Our Mission Statement:
Through an unwavering commitment to excellence and renewal, the University of Delaware English Language Institute (UD ELI) faculty and staff endeavor each day to enhance our reputation as leaders among intensive English programs. Our leadership is based on a clear understanding of our goals and the means to achieve them.
As teachers, tutors, administrators and staff, we strive to:
- meet or exceed our students’ expectations for developing their linguistic, academic, and professional skills
- meet the ordinary and extraordinary needs of our alumni, ensuring that their experience with the ELI is productive and fulfilling.
Our Alumni Website team will strive to meet our alumni needs:
- with live web-based communication in English with ELI tutors
- with responsive question & answer forums and dialogue for individual questions about English
- with blogs written by ELI faculty and tutors for individual practice
We will strive to work on individual problems with English, meet the individual needs of our alumni as they continue to develop their English skills, and provide excellent feedback in English conversation.